Founded in 1960, Sussman Shank is a full-service law firm located in Portland, Oregon that provides a range of legal services to clients across multiple industries. Our team of attorneys and staff members are passionate about delivering exceptional legal services to our clients, and we are always on the lookout for talented professionals who are seeking a supportive, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
From attorneys to professional administrative staff, our firm’s success depends on hiring talented people for every position. We emphasize the importance of developing and retaining high-quality professionals who are driven to make a positive impact.
At Sussman Shank, we pride ourselves on our inclusive and collaborative culture. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are critical to delivering the best outcomes for our clients, and we strive to foster an environment that is welcoming to individuals of all backgrounds.
We also recognize the importance of work-life balance, and we encourage our team members to prioritize their well-being and personal lives outside of work. We offer flexible scheduling options, competitive compensation packages, and opportunities for career advancement and professional development.
Sussman Shank LLP is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards and providing exceptional legal services to our clients. Our values include:
- Excellence: We strive for excellence in everything we do, from our legal work to our client relationships and team collaborations.
- Integrity: We are committed to honesty, fairness, and transparency in all of our interactions with clients, colleagues, and the wider community.
- Collaboration: We believe that collaboration is essential to delivering the best legal services, and we foster a culture of teamwork and mutual support.
- Community: We are committed to giving back to our local communities through pro bono work and charitable contributions.
- Sussman Shank LLP is an equal opportunity employer.
Help Desk Technician
The Help Desk Technician Role
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing fast and courteous user-based technical assistance for computer systems, hardware, and software issues. This individual should be able to easily communicate technical concerns and solutions to many different people with varying degrees of technical knowledge, as well as work with individuals in all departments to assess the individual’s needs and develop and deploy methods to resolve their technical issues.
The Help Desk Technician is considered the front line and will be assisting users in person, remotely, over the phone, and via email. They will need to adequately provide answers to questions, give instructions, and follow up with users. They should have advanced computer skills, be able to communicate efficiently, be customer service oriented and demonstrate patience and courtesy.
The Help Desk Technician will work closely with the Systems Administrator (SA) to provide support for end users.
Help Desk Technician Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to queries either in person or remotely, via email and over the phone.
- Provide answers to users by identifying problems.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Research answers.
- Guide firm users and clients through corrective steps.
- Follow up with users to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software to fix issues. This includes phones and other peripherals.
- Avoid legal and security challenges by monitoring compliance with firm policies, security guidelines and procedures.
- Analyze common support trends and underlying problems.
- Gain feedback from users about computer usage.
- Log in and keep records of issues.
- Improve system performance by identifying problems and recommending changes.
- Create self-help documentation whereby users can manage/mitigate like tasks.
- Coordinate and manage electronic equipment for checkout and return.
- Coordinate and set up conference room electronics.
- Ready workstation electronics for next user.
Expected Competencies (Skill Requirements)
- A minimum of two years of experience as a help desk technician or in another technical support role.
- Must possess the ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues while providing a high level of professionalism and strong personal interaction skills.
- Must possess a working knowledge of office software platforms and products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Acrobat, Zoom).
- Must possess a good understanding of Microsoft Windows, Apple iPhones, and other technology products.
- Must possess a basic understanding of general networking and local area network (LAN) technologies.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- The Help Desk Technician will report directly to the Systems Administrator (SA), with Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), and Chief Operations Officer (COO) oversight.