- Successfully defended a construction company against employment law claims
brought by an injured veteran under the Uniformed Services Employment and
Reemployment Act (USERRA).
- Represent Douglas County, Oregon and its three commissioners in several matters
including defense of a $2 Million case brought by a former employee for alleged
violations of freedom of speech, due process, equal protection and for wrongful
discharge, defamation and retaliation.
- Successfully defended a national construction company sued by the EEOC on behalf
of two former female employees who were pregnant at the time of their
termination. The EEOC sought more than $500,000 for each individual.
- Successfully defended a national teleservices company for alleged breach of
contract and unfair business practices.
- Successfully defended a regional underground utilities construction company
against the Secretary of Labor's claims before the Federal Mine Safety and
Health Review Commission.
- Represented clients in well over 50 non-competition, non-solicitation and
- Successfully represented a company providing management services to fifty-eight
skilled nursing and assisted living facilities across the country in defense of
a case brought by former employees who alleged racial discrimination, violation
of the Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, and wrongful
discharge. The former employees sought over $10 million in damages and a
- Routinely provide advice, training and counsel to Fortune 100 companies on a
wide range of employment-related topics including drafting arbitration
provisions, conducting harassment and discrimination investigations, analyzing
wage and hour issues, and advising on hiring, termination, and effective
- Secured a summary judgment ruling on behalf of a national funeral home company
where the plaintiffs alleged negligence, breach of contract and intentional
infliction of emotional distress.
- Successfully sued a former officer and employee of a construction company for
fraud, conversion and breach of the duty of loyalty.
- Successfully sued an international IT solutions company headquartered in Canada
on behalf of an Oregon family-owned business for breach of contract, violation
of Oregon's Unlawful Trade Practices Act and negligence.